Saturday, January 24, 2015

I don't believe I'll move to Detroit, thank you........

And not because of the weather -- which is reason enough in itself...

Nope, I was scanning the Drudge Report this morning and came across a story that caught my eye in the Detroit Free Press newspaper. It seems a couple of jerks, tied a two year old dog up behind a Walmart and went off and left it. It was so cold, the dog chewed off it's own paw.... happy ending, the dog was rescued, surgically treated and is awaiting adoption. 

But then as I was about to link back to Drudge, I noticed the next story in the Detroit paper.  A man was arrested and sentenced for beating his wife -- a second offense, no less.  But what makes the story sicker is that he beat her with their puppy!  Yep, I said puppy -- and didn't stop beating her until the puppy was dead!!

Again ready to flip - I noted a story where a young couple, both 26, pleaded guilty to raping a 1-year-old girl. The police discovered computer video of the assault as they were investigating charges that he had had sexual relations with a 14-year-old baby sitter. They are apparently both headed for a minimum of 25 years of state provided three hots and a cot. 

Enough! As I was clicking out of this city of the sick, I noted that a City Council member apologized for his recent and egregious drunk driving incident and arrest. He'll only get three hots and a cot for one week, however.  

And.......... I'm getting out of the Detroit Free Press newspaper before I lose all faith in people!!  And just in case you think I'm making this stuff up...click here. 

No comments: