Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Best election day column....

With every columnist and pundit talking about today's elections -- it's a little tough to choose the best... but I think the Silver Cup goes to Todd Starnes of Fox News.  

His column starts a little ragged but shoots up like a bottle rocket when he shares for whom he will vote today:

[.................]


And the only way to spare the country more agony is for you to vote.
Who you vote for is your business. But I don’t mind telling you who I’m going to vote for.
I’m going to vote for the candidate who will defend unborn Americans.
I’m going to vote for the candidate who will protect traditional American values – who puts Americans first – not the illegals.
I’m going to vote for the candidate who still believes “In the beginning, God…”
I’m going to vote for the candidate who won’t leave Americans behind in Benghazi or a Marine behind in Mexico.
I’m going to vote for a candidate that who doesn't abandon our allies – a person that sides with Israel over her enemies.
I’m going to vote for the candidate who won’t call terrorism an act of workplace violence.
I’m going to vote for the candidate who won’t play the race card — who will judge a man by the content of his character and not the color of his skin.
I’m going to vote for the candidate who won’t subpoena Christian pastors or force nuns to pay for abortion-inducing drugs . I’m going to vote for the candidate who won’t audit the Tea party or demand that pro-life groups turn over the contents of their prayers.
I’m going to vote for the candidate who still believes we are the most exceptional nation on the face of the Earth – one nation still under God.
That’s who I’m going to vote for.
{............}

Click here for his complete column in Townhall.com. 

No comments: