Saturday, October 11, 2014

Whatever happened to greeting someone by looking them in the eye and offering a firm handshake?

I realize that our White House, State Department and much of the Ruling Class has been infiltrated with metro-sexuals ---- but Jumpin Jeeezez, did I miss the Memo that replaced manly handshakes with 'man-hugs'?


Mr Heinz-Kerry and Breck-Boy Edwards - end of the campaign!
And it's not just the limp wristed crowd either. Football players, coaches, golfers, captains of industry.... have all taken up with this new huggier than thou routine. Happy occasions, sad occasions, victories, losses, births, deaths, graduations, track meets ..... it knows no bounds.  

I always suspected that there is a little more hugging then necessary on the LPGA tour -- but what do I know?   But when it leaks over to the PGA -- that's when I stop watching..  I saw more man hugs at the Ryder Cup this year than I saw good putts! 

That's my Saturday rant --  how about it... are you a Man-hugger or a hand-shaker? And by the way, how do you look into a man's eyes if you are blowing in his ear?



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm witchu on this one, Pecoz. I don't particularly care for it. I do it occasionally but I am never the initiator; it's a reaction to
someone else starting it. There's not a whole lot of sincerity going on.