Tuesday, April 22, 2014

How much to keep TSA perverts outta yer crotch?

Like many Americans since Homeland Security has run amok in this country, I have given up traveling to anywhere that I can't comfortably drive.  If I wanted to be lined up, my package squoze,  X-Rayed up, held in waiting pens --- I'll wait until I am reincarnated as a polled steer!

Meanwhile I'll drive and stay out of airports thank you very much...    but that is not without cost.  I note that the AAA has recently released figures opining that the average American sedan now costs 60.8 cents per mile to own and operate..maybe a little more for my 8 cylinder 400.  So, if I jump in my chariot for a run up to Dallas, I reckon I'm looking at a general cost of $364.80 for my round trip costs... I'm sure Southwest will fly me cheaper... but the additional expenses of car rentals, cabs, and surrender of personal dignity don't make it worth while. 

On a happier note - they point out that back in 1950 it only cost 9 cents per mile..  Seems shocking until ya' figure that the cost of operating an automobile has only jumped 700% in 65 years. Hell, my bread and milk has increased a lot more than that!  Not to mention Martini's and Steak!!!

So, the next time you jump in your private go-mobile to run to Wally's world, be sure to remember that even if it's only ten miles from your parking shed, it's a $12 trip besides what Mama spends inside....  

Have a nice day - I'm just tryin' to hep!!

No comments: