Thursday, December 20, 2007

United Nations 'at it' again........

Before I begin this little anti-U.N. tirade... let me remind you what the UN is and ain't. From Wikipedia:

United Nations Charter
The United Nations Charter is the
treaty that forms and establishes the international organization called the United Nations. While this document is occasionally misconstrued as a constitution it is, in fact, an agreement between states and not a compact among the individual peoples to create a government. It was signed at the United Nations Conference on International Organization in San Francisco, California, United States, in 1945,

I picked up my daily paper yesterday and read the headline; "U.N. urges global moratorium on the death penalty" ! I said to my self, "Pecoz -what in the world are these folks doin' worrying about the penal laws of sovereign nations? Hell, they can't even keep little pissant countries from attacking each other or committing genocide on their own peoples". Then I recollected a few months ago readin' as how the anti-gun groups are starting to work the the U.N. to change the gun laws in this country 'cause the agin'rs ain't have'n much success in the ballot box or courts!

Seems like I read somewhere that, "Those that can do - those that can't, pee off the bow of the ship just to make folks notice them". Actually I never read that but it makes sense to me that if the U.N. can't or won't perform those duties they were chartered for.... they got to justify their existence by coming up with these asinine, feel good referendums. The vote by the way, was 104 for the moratorium and 54 agin! Not that I give a rat's patoot! Do you?

No comments: