Thursday, July 22, 2010

"Big Brother" Grows -- Latest report.....

In a report just released yesterday, CNS News shared an interview with Dr David Blumenthal, new Health Records Czar (read - non vetted by the US Senate) to get an update on the rules.

I'm gonna link you to the interview, but let me cut to the chase first with a little paraphrasing and :

CNS: 'Will HIV and other STD test results be reported and filed by Doctors?'

CZAR: "Only if patient and doctor agree."

CNS: 'So it's strictly voluntary and with full disclosure to the patient.'

CZAR: 'Correctomundo! However any health care provider that doesn't totally comply and provide all information will be penalized in Medicare Payments he might otherwise have earned and received.'

CNS: 'And if he does provide all the data?'

CZAR: 'Well then, he gets ''incentivized' and will find a few extra bucks in his pay packet.'

Now then Pilgrims, I'll admit I took a few liberties with the exact phrasing - but click here, go read the report yourself and come back here and tell me if I read it wrong!

No comments: