Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Anthem, Arizona - Veteran's Memorial !!

Partners, at my age I am rarely impressed with anything anymore. But a Vet friend, Joe, in Houston sent me a link to this simple, but fantastic Veterans Memorial in Anthem, Arizona. 

I was blown away! And you will be too, if you'll click on the link and look at all the pictures and read the description... in a word, this simple but awesome Memorial aligns with the sun at 11:11 on November 11th each year (Armistice Day, WWI) which we celebrate as Veterans Day -  and let's the sun streak through lighting up the American Seal -- but take a minute and follow the link to the site - it's worth the two minutes it takes.... I promise!

I find most memorials to be either too big, too ornate, too much a signature of the designer, or just too too too!   But this one is exceptional!! Click here for link!

(Thanks and a tip o'the Stetson to my pal Joe in Houston, for sharing the link)

No comments: