Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Well, personally, I like (fill in the blank) but I wouldn't want my daughter to marry one!!

When I was a lad, that blank space could have been filled in with all manner of racial, religious, ethnic or even national origin names ....  but apparently, we have migrated in this 21st Century to ........ Political animus and prejudices......   

Here is a paragraph out of an column by the very liberal Brooks in the Gray Lady"

Third, discredit political bigotry. In 1960, 5 percent of Republicans and 4 percent of Democrats said they would be displeased if their children married someone of the opposite party. By 2010, Cass Sunstein observes, those numbers had jumped to 49 percent and 33 percent. How small-minded can you get?

Please note that I took the effort to place that paragraph in Purple (a mix of GOP Red, and Dem Blue) ......    just trying to be fair and balanced.   I hope you are carefully checking the political bent of that young man your daughter is dating.....   

You wouldn't want those grandkids growing up to be moderates, with no opinion at all, now would you!

(If perchance, you would like to know more about the scary thoughts of law professor, Cass Sunstein (official in Obama administration) click on this link -- veddy interesting..... but as I said: Scary!

No comments: