Sunday, June 29, 2014

Suspicions confirmed..... liberals hate America!

Red, White & Blue!!!
A new Pew Poll just released shows that an amazing 44 Percent of those polled are not proud to be American.  

Of those identified as strong liberals - 60% said - Nope, I ain't proud to be an American and America ain't one of the greatest countries in the world.

Of those identified as conservatives - 72% to 81% agreed that they were proud to be Americans. 

And those in the middle, Libertarians & socially conservative fiscal liberals - 50% were proud to be Americans....

Pretty dismaying figures -- I'm not gonna offer any answers, just present the facts.  But it sure does give one pause for thought and a reminder of that old axiom: "This ain't my father's Country!"  (for that matter, it ain't my generation's country anymore either)

(Forgive me if you think it's necessary - but my patriotic model above was intended just to get y'alls attention. After all, it is the 4th of July this Friday!!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It would be interesting to know what causes people to say they are not proud to be American. As with any country, we have some warts. But, it is one thing if the respondents actually meant they were not proud of some things we have said or done and quite another thing to mean they are not proud to be an American. It would be interesting to see those in the latter group state where they would rather live. I
suspect, nay I'm pretty sure, their reasoning would be based on
totally progressive touchy feelings which may sound nice but
are about as real as reality TV.

ptn said...

If one is not proud to be here but can't find a place where they would be happy to live, then they ain't never gonna be happy.

Anonymous said...

Try as I might, it is difficult for me to wrap my mind around any circumstance that would prompt anyone to say they are not proud to be an American. They may be extremely concerned about the direction the country has moved during the current administration, but to me that should strengthen their resolve to turn the tide. That resolve alone, in my mind, should increase their pride and determination, not weaken it.