Saturday, February 2, 2013

Another crazed shooter runs amok

Normally, when I come across a story like this, I search a couple of sources and then if it seems interesting, I put my own spin on it when I write it..... but this article by Jim Treacher is so spot on, I'm not changing a word!

Crazy gun nut shoots man just for breaking into her house
Posted By Jim Treacher On 12:44 PM 01/31/2013 @ 12:44 PM In DC Trawler,DC Trawler | No Comments

Everybody knows that guns don’t protect people. More guns = more gun crimes. Like this one!
KPRC in Houston:
MAGNOLIA, Texas – A home invasion suspect was arrested at a hospital after a mother shot him during the crime at a Montgomery County home, deputies said Wednesday.
Erin, who asked to be identified only by her first name, told Local 2 she was putting her 6-year-old son to bed when she heard a loud noise coming from her bedroom on Mink Lake Drive Friday night…
Erin said she turned around and saw three masked men, pointing a gun right at her…
“Somehow the way it happened, as they were going down the hallway, I told them sometimes I keep money under the mattress, which is not true. But I needed to get to where my gun was,” she said.
The men followed her to her bedroom.
“I was pretending to move the mattress. It’s really heavy, so I was trying to move their attention to the mattress because they wouldn’t take their eyes off of me. I needed a split second for them to take their eyes off of me. I said, ‘It might be under here.’ They started talking to each other in Spanish and then a roll of duct tape came out,” said Erin…
“They all turned around and looked. I grabbed my gun, cocked it, I turned and shot him right in the stomach,” said Erin.
I think it’s pretty obvious what happened here. Some hardworking gentlemen from the Hispanic community were just trying to make a living selling duct tape door-to-door. They were going for the hard sell because times are tough, especially when you’re a minority. Then this demented hillbilly racist went nuts and just started shooting at them. And because it’s Texas — gun-wacko central! — they arrested the victim.
Are you happy now, Wayne LaPierre? Are you satisfied?

(Hat tip: William Jacobson)
P.S. Why Does Self Magazine Think Women are too Dumb or Crazy to Own a Gun?

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com
URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/31/crazy-gun-nut-shoots-man-just-for-breaking-into-her-house/

No comments: