Monday, January 21, 2013

'Maryland, My Maryland

With all the pomp and circumstance going on in DC today, I'd like to speak of the State that hosts all those career gob'mint parasites. Yes, I speak of the formerly grand State of Maryland... before I do, however - let me share the first and last verse of Maryland's state song....

Maryland, My Maryland

I
The despot's heel is on thy shore,

Maryland, My Maryland!
His torch is at thy temple door,
Maryland! My Maryland!
Avenge the patriotic gore
That flecked the streets of Baltimore,
And be the battle queen of yore,
 Maryland, My Maryland!
-------



IX
I hear the distant thunder-hum,
Maryland, My Maryland!
The Old Line's bugle, fife, and drum,
Maryland, My Maryland!
She is not dead, nor deaf, nor dumb-
Huzza! she spurns the Northern scum!
She breathes! She burns! she'll come! she'll come!
Maryland! My Maryland!*

And now for a few words torn from the Maryland newspapers this month January, 2013:
" There’s controversy at a Talbot County school after two 6-year-old boys were suspended while playing cops and robbers during recess and using their fingers to make an imaginary gun.
“It’s ridiculous,” said parent Julia Merchant.

This is the second time a Maryland child has been suspended for such play. Earlier this month, 6-year-old Rodney Lynch was suspended from his Montgomery County school after pretending to fire an imaginary gun more than once.

“Just pointing your fingers like this and then she did the pow sound and I just went like that and then I got sent to the office again,” Lynch said.

Fortunately wiser heads prevailed, and a well paid, over educated PhD Child Psychologist opined, "I do not believe maliciousness was involved here."  

Whew, that's a good thing, if those kids had gone 'Pow Pow' or 'Bang Bang', they'd have been arrested for using semi-automatic fingers!

When does the common sense return to this country?  Not soon I fear, for here is the latest headline.

"Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley proposes ambitious gun-control package which is even more aggressive and restrictive than Obamanation's"

Watch that name, O'Malley, Pilgrims, he wants to be your next POTUS and do to the Nation what he has done to his state!   

(now, do me a favor and go back and read those words in the Maryland state anthem. You won't hear them all in the parade at the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore this spring. Oh and by the way, that asterisk in the last line of the song is to draw attention to the fact that the song writer, J Randall, uses more exclamation points then Obamanation uses first person pronouns in a speech)



No comments: