Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pecozbill's Top Ten List.....

Seems like this time of year, everybody -- from Bob Costas to the New York Times -- posts their Top Ten lists for the year just ending....  Costas of course, hates guns, and the Gray Lady hates successful conservative entrepreneurs.   I just started thinking about that this week as my first 'Top Ten' popped into my head....

#1 - Customer Service Complaint --  Being put on terminal Hold, while a recorded message comes on every three minutes assuring me that my call is the most important thing that has happened to the company in years, and..... "please stay on the line until our lone customer service operator, located in New Delhi, India, has finally worked her way down to me."  or words that effect. 

I went through this on Tuesday of this week, whilst trying to sort out a scam performed on my popular brand credit card.  We did resolve the problem, I did get a new card in the mail, she was very nice, helpful, courteous and spoke English better than most Americans. When I asked if she was in Arizona, she admittedly readily that she was in India. 

Call completed - card received - I am a happy camper except for that nagging memory of the 45 minutes of recording telling me how important I was.... please hold

More to follow.....

No comments: