Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's all relative..............

As I was surf'n through the Internet news this morning, I was linked to this headline in Scientific American:

Galaxy Grande: Milky Way May Be More Massive Than Thought

"Hubble observations of a speedy galaxy weigh on the Milky Way that indicate that our galaxy is at least a trillion times as massive as the sun."

Well heck, pilgrims, that sure puts things in perspective doesn't it? I can quit wringing my hands over Fiscal Cliffs and our nation going down the  toilet. There are bigger and more important things to worry about.  

As I understand it, if one of those stars flame out, it will be 850 thousand light years before our astronomers will notice it or see it through the Hubble telescope.  

Ahh well..........

Oh, here is the link.

No comments: