Thursday, May 31, 2012

Close out May with a chuckle.....

Wondering if I should let May just close with a whimper... I clicked on an bold entry on the UK's Independent site today.... it's headline?

The Cable News Nightmare: CNN (and Piers Morgan) in audience crisis

Viewers are turning off in droves, lured by brash rivals and popularity of Internet news sources

I read further until I got to the seventh paragraph in the article and ran into:

"It's really a bloodletting; there's no other way to describe it," says Robert Thompson, professor of Television and Popular Culture at Syracuse University. "The biggest problem is inherent in their brand. They are trying to stick to old-fashioned, unbiased news broadcasting when their rivals have worked out that to draw an audience when there aren't major stories breaking you need to do the opposite."

At which time I fell out of my chair laughing, kept rolling on the floor and couldn't get up! Ooh my, Ooh my! "Unbiased.. lol lol"

No comments: