Thursday, September 9, 2010

Whussup with Prince Poppycock?

I had a niece e-mail me from the East Coast asking my opinion of one of the four finalists on this years edition of America's Got Talent..... a feller who calls himself 'Prince Poppycock'. He is all decked out in 16th Century tights, wigs, white make-up and lipstick.

She implied in her question that as a red-necked, conservative, gun totin' old feller - I must hate everything the young man stands for. Not so -- I see him as a talented, ambitious young singer/dancer/entertainer who wants to rise above the crowd. And he certainly has done that, making it all the way to the finals. His self-deprecating title, Prince Poppycock, had to be created with tongue in cheek, laughing at himself and the world....

Unfortunately for him, and another group of young men called "Defying Gravity" they are matched in next weeks final against a golden haired, fair skinned, 35 year old operatic soprano midget with talent and range to spare - - -all disguised in the body of a ten year old little girl!!!

The results are a no-brainer in my humble opinion. 'Cept for one thing, and that one thing is that the winner of this annual talent show is supposed to be 'shovel ready' to fill a lounge in Vegas, three times a night, six nights a week. In my red necked, conservative opinion, none of these three fit that bill -- but like I told my niece --- the three of them as a Variety Review would sure bring in the crowds night after night!

Tune in next Tuesday and see for your own self.. If you have an opinion now - feel free to post it. Comments can be anonymous, so none of your feller workers or kinfolks will know you been watching America's Got Talent........

No comments: