Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I had a great chuckle this morning......

when I opened my E-Mails. Apparently the Republicans have taken Rahm Emmanuel's quote "Never let a good crisis go to waste." and paraphrased it into: "Never let a good victory go unexploited."

When I went to bed last night, Scott Brown's victory speech was still echoing thru the land, this morning I opened my mail and there in order were:

1. E-mail from Republican Senate Election Committee Chairman Cornyn: "We had a great victory in Massachusetts, we need to build on it..... send money, send money!"

2. E-mail from Texas State Republican Committee: "Yesterday, the Republicans enjoyed a great victory in Massachusetts, we need to keep the movement going in Texas..... send $25, $50, or $100!

3. E-Mail from 60+ (the folks I joined when I told AARP to stick my membership renewal where the sun don't shine) "The first step in stopping the horrendous Obama Health Care bill was taken yesterday in Massachusetts. We need to press on across the country - Please send any amount you can to help us continue this battle!"

I reckon the card Carrying Dem folks have a full e-mail box this morning as well -- same solicitations, different reasons........

And on it goes..

Oh, in case you was wonderin', I stopped sending my money to the RINO's in the State and National Committees and now pick and choose those candidates I wish to support across the State of Texas and the Nation......... Folks like that young feller, Russell, that almost beat - Porky Murfa of Pa last year, young Scott Brown, and the like.

I reckon I just got tired of letting other folks decide which candidates my money should support!

No comments: